Confirmed Firearm Incident in Paget: No Reported Injuries

Mon, 2019-05-20

Around 11:30pm Sunday, May 19th police officers responded to a report of a gunshot on Harbour Road in Paget, in the vicinity of Manse Road.

It was subsequently confirmed that a firearm was discharged in the area. However, there have been no injuries reported.

An investigation is now underway and any witnesses or members of the public that may have seen any suspicious activity in the Harbour Road, Manse Road Paget area after 11pm Sunday – in particular any individuals seen on motorcycles – are urged to call the Serious Crime Unit on 247-1739.

Alternatively, anyone with relevant information that wishes to provide it anonymously is urged to call the independent and confidential Crime Stoppers hotline 800-8477.

Female Rider Injured in Paget Crash Recovering on General Ward

At last check this morning (May 20th) the 22 year old female scooter rider injured in a crash around 10:30pm Friday, May 17th at the junction of Stowe Hill and The Lane in Paget was recovering in stable condition on a general ward at the hospital.

Details remain limited at this time and inquiries continue to ascertain the circumstances of this incident.

Any witnesses or motorists that were traveling in the area of Stowe Hill, The Lane or Harbour Road, Paget around 10:30pm Friday are still encouraged to call Constable Gregory White on 717-2226.

Clarification: Reported Industrial Accident in the City of Hamilton

It now appears that the industrial accident that occurred around 8:45am Sunday, May 19th involved a 48 year old male worker refuelling a power washer that was being used to clean the windows of Washington Mall in the City of Hamilton.

Apparently fumes from the fuel ignited and some fuel spilled, which also caught fire, with flames spreading to a nearby hydraulic lift.

However, colleagues of the worker involved managed to quickly move the hydraulic lift and extinguish the fire.

The 48 year old man is understood to have sustained minor burns to his hands – but declined medical treatment at the scene.

Temporary traffic diversions were in effect for just over an hour as a precaution and the Government Health and Safety Officer has been notified.